INTERNET STORE REGULATIONS
„MANBLU” INTERNET STORE REGULATIONS
§ 1. DEFINITIONS.
The terms used in the Regulations shall have the following meaning:
1. Customer – a natural person, legal person or an organizational unit not being a legal person to whom special provisions have granted legal capacity and who is making purchases in the Store;
2. Consumer – a Customer who being a natural person is making purchases in the Store not directly related to its business or professional activity within the meaning of Art. 22  of the Civil Code;
3. Product – tailor-made products offered in the Store;
4. Regulations – these Internet Store Regulations;
5. Store – an internet platform through which the Seller offers its Products;
6. Seller – ACD Adamczyk Cotta Doerffer sp.j. Gdynia Poland,
7. Agreement – an agreement concluded between the Seller and the Customer concerning the Store;
8. Order – the Customer’s declaration of intent aimed directly to conclude the Agreement specifying in particular the characteristics, colors, fabrics, content, size, type and number of Products.
§ 2. GENERAL PROVISIONS.
1. These Regulations specify the rules of purchasing Products in the Store.
2. In the Store the Seller offers its own products sewn in Poland in accordance with the Customer’s Order (tailor-made). The Products are free of physical and legal defects.
3. Prices of all Products are quoted including VAT but excluding the customs duty.
§ 3. PLACING ORDERS.
1. The Seller shall facilitate the conclusion of the Agreement through the Customer placing an order through the Store.
2. In order to conclude the Agreement you must select the type of Product and its characteristic features in accordance with the Customer’s individual wish, making successive steps based on the messages displayed on the website
3. In order to effectively place the Order the following conditions should be met by the Customer:
a) provide the Order specifications and the personal data required to conclude the Agreement in the order form,
b) confirm the consent for the processing of personal data to the extent necessary to make and handle the sales,
c) accept the Regulations,
d) pay the price for the Product.
4. After the Customer has provided the required data, the Order summary will be displayed. Once the Customer has pressed the button “Buy”, it will no longer be possible to modify the Order.
5. Payment for the ordered Product is effected in advance via a transfer to the Seller’s bank account or via an electronic payment system operator. The Store payments are handled by PayLane.
6. Pressing the button “Buy” is tantamount to making a declaration of intent to conclude an Agreement with the Seller. The Agreement is deemed concluded at the moment the Customer receives the Seller’s declaration sent via e-mail: “Order accepted for execution” and the Order specifications.
§ 4. ORDER DELIVERY.
1. The deadline for the delivery of the Oder is up to 21 business days. The deadline for the delivery of the Order starts to run on the day following the day of posting the payment at the Seller’s bank account or after the Seller has received a confirmation of receipt of the payment from the electronic payment system operator.
2. In the event it is not possible to execute the Order on time, the Customer will receive an appropriate e-mail message providing the new deadline.
3. The Seller shall not be held liable for the Customer providing incorrect sizes of the ordered Product. The Customer is required to provide the exact size of the object in accordance with the instructions posted on the Store’s website.
4. The Order shall be deemed delivered at the moment the Product is released to the Customer.
§ 5. PRODUCT DELIVERY.
1. The delivery of the Product to the Customer’s address is free of charge.
2. The Seller implements deliveries through a courier service.
3. When collecting the shipment with the ordered Product, the Customer should inspect the condition of the shipment. In the event the Customer finds that the packaging is destroyed or has been interfered with they should draw up a protocol of damage in the presence of the supplier and notify the Seller of this fact.
§ 6. COMPLAINTS.
1. Complaints under warranty may be filed by sending the Product covered by the complaint to the address of the Store.
2. The product complained about should be accompanied by the proof of purchase and the description of the identified defect plus the Customer’s demand stipulated for in the warranty.
3. The Seller shall deal with the complaint within 14 days at the latest, counting from the date it is filed.
4. The Customer acknowledges that in case of tailor-made products – pursuant to Art. 16, point c of the Directive of the European Parliament and of the Council 2011/83/EU of 25 October 2011 on consumer rights – they are not entitled to any right to withdraw from the Agreement.
§ 7. FINAL PROVISIONS.
1. Proper use of the Store is possible provided that the IT system used by the Customer meets the minimum technical requirements:
a) Internet Explorer 10 or newer.
b) Opera 12.04 or newer.
c) Chrome 45 or newer
d) Firefox 40 or newer.
e) Safari 8 or newer
f) minimal screen resolution 1024 na 768 pikseli.
2. The Customer may contact the Seller in writing at the mailing address:
ACD Adamczyk Cotta Doerffer Spółka jawna,
ul. 3 Maja 27-31/3,
or via e-mail: email@example.com
3. Customers may access the Regulations any time via the Store website.
4. The Seller is the Administrator of the Customer’s personal data processed in connection with the use of the Store. Therefore, the Seller shall secure the personal data against its disclosure to unauthorized persons, takeover by an unauthorized person, processing with the violation of the Act and any change, loss, damage or destruction.
5. The Order will be documented in a manner compliant with Article 8 of the European Parliament and of the Council 2011/83/EU of 25 October 2011 on consumer rights, by sending specifications of the Order to Customer’s specified e-mail address and by attaching the printout of the Regulations and the VAT invoice to the parcel containing the Product.
6. The law applicable in all matters in connection with the Agreement is the Polish law. This does not restrict the Consumer’s entitlements specified in relevant provisions of the applicable legislation pursuant to the Regulation (EC) No 593/2008 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 17 June 2008 on the law applicable to contractual obligations.
7. The contents of the Regulations may undergo changes. Orders placed by the Customer before the date the new Regulations become effective will be implemented based on the existing Regulations approved by the Customer on the date of placing the Order.